This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ExecuteAction and ADDLOCAL property

5 replies to this topic

Hongwei Jia

Hongwei Jia
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2001 - 18:45

My question is special. Bob's book (P452) says the ADDLOCAL property is not created until the ExcuteAction runs.   Does anyone know how the ExcuteAction creates the property.  I'd like to create the property before the ExcuteAction runs so i guess I have  to write a CA to do it.  But SDK talks little about it.
Thanks in advance!
Hongwei Jia

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 March 2001 - 19:29

You could use the AddLocal control event to select features for local installation.

Hongwei Jia

Hongwei Jia
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2001 - 20:08

I am using SelectionTree control and I need to know the ADDLOCAL property right after Cutom Setup dialog but before ExcuteAction.  Is there a way to get it?
Thanks,
Hongwei Jia

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 01:56

The SelectionTree control publishes control events.  Control Events can be mapped to accomplish more than one task.  For example, the SelectionDescription ControlEvent generally is used to display the description of the current selection (listed in the Feature Table).  It could also be used to initiate a CA that could use published events to determine what feature is being modified and what settings are being selected.  All this would happen before the Next button is clicked.

I have not had the opportunity to set this up in my test database, but it may provide you with a starting point.

Hongwei Jia

Hongwei Jia
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 17:55

Thank you, Steve.  I appreciate it.
Hongwei