This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install Modify Features depending on INI

4 replies to this topic

trshyam01

trshyam01
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 13:45

I have seriously made some inroads, after my first topic asking about Basic MSI. I am caught up with a slight problem.

Here is what I want to do.
Only display the features, that the user has paid for. To keep it simple for the moment. The list will be in a INI file.

[OPTIONAL]
FEATURE2 = 1
FEATURE3 = 0
FEATURE4 = 1
FEATURE5 = 0
FEATURE6 = 1

Only the ones with value 1 will be installed. I am able to make it run by putting up the condition, and setting up properties, depending on the value in the INI file. So the installation part is pretty clear.

My Question is it now during the MODIFY option, I need to ask the user to browse to a new INI file, and then show the difference between the features that are installed, according to first INI and the second INI. Is there a way i can show that Feature 3 and Feature 5 were not installed and then allow the user to select the feature if they are enabled in the second INI. Is there a way I can show in a dialog that Feature 2,4,6 are already installed, and a way to select 3, 6 later again if enabled. Since all values, are depending on the ini file. Can somebody suggest a dynamic way to do it. Thanks in advance.
Swami

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 15:47

You could build a custom dialog with text messages that you display appropriately.

trshyam01

trshyam01
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:03

Thanks Stefan for the reply, Is it posibble to show check boxes selectively as per the .ini file.

trshyam01

trshyam01
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:03

Also is it possible, in the custom setup - Select the program feature to be installed dialog, to show a feature with a cross only, with giving the user the ability to install.

This is rather to show the user that this feature, is not available with this license version.

Thank you in advance once again,
Swami

Attached Images

• 2.JPG

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:30

Is it posibble to show check boxes selectively as per the .ini file.

You can use control condition (in the behaviour section of the dialog editor) to show or hide controls conditionally.

Also is it possible, in the custom setup - Select the program feature to be installed dialog, to show a feature with a cross only, with giving the user the ability to install.

You can make the cross the default, but users would still be able to change the selection, like in your screen shot. It's not possible to have the cross as the only option. Instead you could make the feature invisible, using a feature condition settings its level to 0.