This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom action not executing on uninstall

1 reply to this topic

jcawston

jcawston
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 16:12

Hello

I am using installshield 2012 Pro.

My aim was to create a custom action that worked in two ways to back up files that had previously been installed. Then on un-installation of the update the custom action would then copy the backed up files into the INSTADIR after it had removed the files from the update and delete the old backup folder containing the old files.
The first part of this works fine. It creates the backup folders and copy’s the files into them thus backing up the system before changes have been made to any files.
It is the second part however that I am having issues with. The uninstall runs fine but when it comes to copying the backed up files it won’t copy them to the INSTALLDIR. If I change the path to somewhere else on the drive however it can copy the backed up file to that location.

Notes:

I have entered the REMOVE=”ALL” condition in custom actions and sequences
The old files are deleted and so is the backup location
I have changed the file attributes of the files so that they can be copied even if they are read only ect.

code attached

Much appreciated
JCawston

Attached Files

• Attached File  code.txt   2.38KB   240 downloads

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 19:41

Is your custom action configured to run as "deferred in system context"?