This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Finish dialog

8 replies to this topic

Alexey Masanov

Alexey Masanov
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 08:43

I'm trying to create custom Finish dialog, which would not include check boxes but only large text field.

I'v modified the resources (check boxes and second text field were removed and first text field was stretched as much as possible) and wrote script for dialog.

But while testing I'v found that text background is not white
but gray.

It seems that InstallShield makes something with text fields to force them to have white background.

But what ?  :(

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 14:19

Hold on there, you don't need to create a custom dialog to hide the check boxes.  You just have to pass a null string for the options.  The code would be the following:

szTitle = "Setup Complete";
szMsg = "The setup is complete.";
SdFinish(szTitle, szMsg, "", "", "", bvOpt1, bvOpt2);

Where paramaters 3 and 4 control the check boxes.
user posted image

Alexey Masanov

Alexey Masanov
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 14:41

Thanks for Your reply, but my goal is not just to remove check boxes, but to free more space for text - I need larger text fields to place more information that can be placed in standard text fields.

If my problem can be solved by reading InstallShield help,
I should not posted my question.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 14:50

Alrighty then.

As for the help file, it's one thing for it to be in there.  It's a whole 'nother thing to find it and know about it, so just thought I'd check.
user posted image

aspr

aspr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 15:06

hello, alexey!

why don't you want to place a picture behind your text box? it could help to solve your problem :)

Alexey Masanov

Alexey Masanov
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 06:59

In this case text bacground is still grey.
So there is must be something else.

(By the way InstallShield makes covering text field with ID=52 white, and places other text fields, that contain some text over this white text field. But text in standard text fields shown normally - on white background. Text in modifyed text field is on gray background.)

aspr

aspr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 08:40

still gray??? do you use a picture with properties rectangle\white? i've done it, it works!
IS does something else, but the result is the same!

Alexey Masanov

Alexey Masanov
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 09:08

Yes - rectangle/white.
But still no result  :(

May be You can send me Your test by e-mail?

mailto:AMasanov@BioLink.com.ru

aspr

aspr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 09:45

may be it will be better if you mail me your dialog(and mb the sample of your script...)

mailto:danamigo25@hotmail.com