This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unable to apply patch

2 replies to this topic

Ian

Ian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 12:45

Hello,

I created a patch of a Standard InstallShield 7.04 Installation for the first time, with no problems.

But when I tried to apply this patch, by executing the created Update.exe file, I received the following warning, after the "Preparing to Install" dialog: 1: This installation can not be run by directly launching the MSI package, you must run setup.exe

What does this warning mean, what setup.exe should I be running instead?

Note1: When creating the patch, the patch creation wizard created administrative images of both the previous package and the package which it is to be upgraded to.

Note2: I have also tried creating a patch without creating the patch launcher and applying the patch using the MSP file with the same results.

Thank you in advance,
Ian Frangs.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 12:55

Are you sure you're using version 7.04? I'm asking because in 7.02 there was a known bug:

http://www.installsi...bugs_isd702.htm

Error Messages When Applying a Patch

Ian

Ian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 12:38

I am using Installshield Debeloper 7.04.
But i have solved this problem by creating un uncompressed install of the latest package and referring to this using the patch wizard.

Thanks.