This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

JET4.0+MDAC2.6 merged instead of newer MDAC2.7

2 replies to this topic

Misec

Misec
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 12:44

Hi, i have problem with building inst. package in installshield developer 7.02, there is JET4.0 merge module included, I want it to merge newest MDAC2.7 instead of older 2.6 version of MDAC.
Question is how to tell JET4.0 that it should use the newer version of MDAC (2.7) instead of 2.6? I didnt find any way how to change dependencies set in JET4.0 module.
Even if I unselect in the merge module list MDAC2.6 and select MDAC2.7, then at the build time both versions of MDAC are merged into inst. package (at least accoring to the output window in installshield developer. Desired outcome is to have there only JET4.0 and the newest MDAC2.7 not 2.6 which is obsolete.
Btw. i have downloaded MDAC2.7 MSM from installshield and it's shown correctly in the merge module list.
Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend,

Misec

FidoBoy

FidoBoy
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 19:04

I'm also looking for a solution to this trouble, if you discover it, please, let me know...

Regards,

FidoBoy

Chandima

Chandima
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 22:58

This is because the MDAC 2.6 is authored in the Jet4.0 merge modules ModuleDependency table. This can be fixed by opening the Jet4.0 module in ORCA and editing the ModuleDependency table to point at MDAC27 instead of MDAC 2.6. If you like I have a small tool that does this for you. Please email me at chandimar@installshield.com and I will send you this file.