This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Per-user shortcuts in a per-machine installation

1 reply to this topic

Pizzero

Pizzero
  • Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:03

I want to ask, if per-user shortcuts can be created in a per-machine installation (ALLUSERS=1).

The software is inherently per-machine, nevertheless shortcuts should only be shown for a certain group of users (typically only 1 user). So I would like that the shortcuts be installed for the current user and that when desired they can be copied by an administrator to other user accounts, too.

I suppose that for tasks like this (deployment to groups) special software is used, however as in my case normally only 1 user should see the shortcuts I like the idea of this simple solution.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 14:40

Generally, no.
There is not a real concept of 'current user' - sometimes dozens of users are logged on (Terminal Services), sometimes nobody is logged on.

What you can do, is pick an account (eg. the administrative account used to install Windows), load its profile and use that profile to install to. This mail fail when roaming profiles are used.

The best solution for per-user installations is to use a per-user installation (ALLUSERS is empty).