This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Force viewing license agreement in silent install

3 replies to this topic

Jim Bassett

Jim Bassett
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 20:42

We have MSI installations that have a license agreement and two input screens, one for folder placement of some files, and a product password.

We can create an “Administer Installation Point” for our installation by using /a and to allow pushing the product from the “Administer Installation Point” to various PCs on the network via Active Directory we allow the admin to use /q with arguments that relate to the two input screens mentioned above. Doing this results in the admin not seeing the license agreement and we want to at least force the license agreement to appear for an “AIP” type of install while still passing the two arguments. In other words other than the license agreement using the /q still performs a silent install to the AIP.

I tried installing MS Office to a AIP with silent install and it won’t allow me to do this. How is this being done?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:48

There is this MsiProcessMessage function that may be usable for this purpose: http://msdn.microsof...cessmessage.asp
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:56

How about showing the license to the administrator during the Administrative setup?
End-users (that install from the network image) still won't see it, but you'll need a different approach for that situation: end-users never see anything for assigned applications in Active Directory.

If you want to show a license dialog in that case too, it should be done by the installed software, on the first time being run.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:59

Not sure I understand what you want to do. Do you want to display the license agreement while creating the admin image or while pushing the setup the the client desktiops using active directory? I think the latter doesn't make sense (there's nobody there to view the license agreement to click Accept in an unattended install)