This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

component regstrn in Installer\userData\S-1-5-18\

3 replies to this topic

KapilMarwah

KapilMarwah
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 15:12

I ve created a package that can not be uninstalled and should not be registered and hence i've removed the RegisterProduct, PublishProduct, PublishFeatures, PublishComponents and RegisterUser action but component entries are still getting created under the SID :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components

As aresult of this when i install the package once it makes the necessary changes and installs the components but on installing again (on the same image) it does not install the components (as they have entry in the SID) and shows them as installed locally in the log. This is happening only for Win2000 but on XP i am able to install it any no of times.

Can u tell which installer action actually writes these component entries in the SID and how to work around it !!!

I couldn't find any info in the msi.chm either......???

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 15:22

There is a way to hide the application from showing up in add/remove but still keep it registered on the system. This is in my opinion a better solution than zapping the registration keys. Would this solution be acceptable? If so I will dig up the link with info.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 15:55

If you don#t want to register a component, leave it's component code GUID blank.

KapilMarwah

KapilMarwah
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:18

Thanks the blank GUID is working....