This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Acresso Software now owns InstallShield etc.

No replies to this topic

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 15:03

As of April 1st, Acresso Software is the new company that produces the InstallShield, InstallAnywhere, AdminStudio and FLEXnet product families.

Back in February, Macrovision Corp. announced that they are selling their Software Business Unit to private equity firm Thoma Cressey Bravo (TCB) for $200 million. This resulted in a stand-alone company called Acresso Software Inc.

I don't know how they made up the company name, maybe it's taken from the owning company: THOMA CRESSEY BRAVO

The new company is located in Schaumburg near Chicago, the former headquarters of InstallShield Software Corp. According to information given in a conference call in February, the new company not only took over the software and know how from Macrovision, but also all the employees from Macrovision's software unit as well as some people from shared services such as marketing.

I don't know yet when and how the products will be re-branded.

For more news and articles please visit my blog at msmvps.com/blogs/installsite or subscribe to the RSS feed.