This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update after Patch doesn't work

1 reply to this topic

Cipher

Cipher
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 11:21

Hello!

I've got a problem for which I couldn't find a solution in this board, yet.
I'm making an InstallScript-Setup with IS Dev 8 for Prog version 1.0.
Then I make a patch from 1.0 to 1.1.
When I apply the patch everything works fine. The files are replaced correctly and are correctly registred.
But when version 1.2 is ready, and I'm trying to make an update from 1.1 to 1.2 with my full setup the update runs well, but no files are replaced. the new (1.2) files are registred but in the prog-dir there is still version 1.1.
i've looked into the log and for that particular file it says: Won't overwrite; won't patch; file is of equal version --> but it's definitly not!
when i try to repair the installation with the setup for 1.2 there is the same result: file is still not replaced.
deleting prog 1.1 by hand and repairing the installation again it says that a patch was applied earlier on Config.msi\PT65.tmp and this file cannot be updated anymore.
The whole installation is broken and i have to uninstall it and to install 1.2 again.

i've tested the same thing without the patch and it works:
1. install 1.0 - ok
2. update to 1.1 - ok
3. update to 1.2 -ok

but now i'd like to know why the update does not replace files after the patch?

thx in advance,

Cipher

Cipher

Cipher
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 16:58

I've finally found the problem by myself.
Everytime I've created a new release I didn't change the ProductVersion in the Setup-Project.
After editing the MSI in the Property table and setting the correct versions for all releases there (and also in the Setup.ini) it worked!

Simply didn't know that this was so important...

Cipher