This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dynamically downloaded files...

1 reply to this topic

hickscorp

hickscorp
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:01

Hello,

I am currently trying to make an installer for my company, here are the already done things:

The InstallScript program loads up a DLL, and with this DLL checks user registration on our server.

After registration complete, i need to have some code to dynamically download the installation files from the same server. The protocol is HTTP, and i have already made some functions in the DLL which downloads multiples files onto one big file, then splits the big file onto real files to be installed.

Here is my 1st question:
At the download step, the installer "freezes" until download is complete. Is there a way to make a custom dialog with a progressbar telling the user where the download is?

2nd Question, once the files are downloaded into a temporary directory, i want the installer to "register" them as "to-install" files, so they go to the propper directory, and at uninstall time they are well deleted...

Any help welcome, i'm really stuck smile.gif

Thank you very much

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 16:05

1. You can display the regular progress bar, but you will have to increment it manually (calling SetStatusWindow).

2. You can copy the files using XCopyFile this should automatically uninstall them when the setup is uninstalled.