This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Missing sddialog.h and sddialog.rul files

3 replies to this topic

kunals

kunals
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 08:59

Hi All,

I have been made to work on a legacy version of installshield, ver 2.0. The basic principle of this version, as others, is that it uses a script file (*.rul) which is compiled into a *.ins file by the Compiler. Now, my problem is that in my case I have been given this setup.rul file and I'm supposed to modify the procedure. There are two files included (#include) in this script - sddialog.h and sddialog.rul.

The problem is that these two files are missing on the system I have and I can't find them anywhere. And without these I can't compile the script with my changes.

Can somebody give me a hint where i can find these files ? Or better if the person can provide me these ? Or if they are not available, is there any way how I can get my job done without having to migrate to a new version ?

The setup.rul file is attached for your reference.

Thanks in advance,

Kunal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 13:26

These files should be included with your InstallShield software.

kunals

kunals
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 13:58

Hi Stefan,
Thx for replying.
But unfortunately, these files aren't included in my installation suite for ver 2.0

Its a pretty urgent requirement and without these files I can't proceed further.
And migrating to a new version will take a lot of time.

Pls. help. Any pointers are welcome.

Thx,

Kunal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 14:21

Unfortunately I don't have version 2.0 available.