This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows 98 setup crashes after copy

1 reply to this topic

boehme

boehme
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 14:47

I'm using Installshield 6.3 Professional to build a setup on a Windows 2000 machine. The setup deletes some files before copying, but after it copies, it freezes before it gets to the OnFirstUIAfter function. It only does this on Windows 98; often after I cancel the install process, if I bring the setup up again, it will display the Repair/Modify/Remove prompt and not uninstall it when I ask it to.

Thanks for the help.

Richard Boehme
Senior Programmer and Development Coordinator
eyeMaginationS, Inc

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 12:41

Hi,

how far do you come along with debugging?

You have to prepare the setup for being debugged on the target machine.

Under Win2000: compile, build media, start Debugger (F5) until it has launched and stopped with the very first line. Abort the debugger (the only purpose is to have the debugger create a .dbg file).

Now copy your whole setup onto the Win98 target machine, additionally copy all files from InstallShield's \Scripts subdirectory.

Also copy a DLL (part of IS) into \Windows\System - the problem is that I don't know its name. With InstallShield 5.5 it was Isdbg55.dll. Maybe, somebody else knows which one is the proper one with IS 6.3x???

Then call
Code Sample
Setup.exe -d

and you should be able to debug on your target system.

It's somewhat complicated, I know. It would be much easier to install a spare InstallShield license on this target machine to be able to debug it there.

Eberhard