This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstalling another MSI when uninstalling

2 replies to this topic

Andy Shand

Andy Shand
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 18:07

I've got a COM+ proxy (provided as an installable .MSI) that goes with my ISD7 app...

On install, I've added a CA in the User Interface Sequence to install the proxy MSI. This works fine.

On uninstall, I've added another CA in the User interface sequence to uninstall the proxy MSI. This works fine if the user has chosen the Change button in "Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs".

However, if the user instead choses the Remove button, it appears that the user interface sequence doesn't run. Hence my CA isn't called.

I seem to be stuck. As far as I can see, I can only fire up another MSI during the User Inferface Sequence.

Any ideas ?

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 11:10

You can only call a second msi-process in the user sequence. In the execute sequence you can only call a second MSI process using a custom action type 39. In the execute sequence only one MSI process is allowed.
Is it a possibily to use a nested setup for installation and deinstallation of Your product ?

Andy Shand

Andy Shand
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 11:15

Yes, I'd thought of using a nested MSI install (CA type 39), but it has some nasy side effects.

If the nested MSI install fails for some reason (for example my COM+ proxy setup is being run on a system that already has the full COM+ component installed), then the main install fails as well.

I've seen no way of ignoring the error.