This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Mode Control

1 reply to this topic

probsar

probsar
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 15:37

Hi,
I have a IS6.3 Installation-Routine, which I use for fresh Installs, Updates and Maintenance Tasks - all in one.
Most of the Events are caught and proceeded by hand, so I really control them

Now I'd like to add an additional functionality with silent mode setup, to ease the remote distribution for our FE's.
For that I have generated a *.iss file with "setup.exe -r". Within this process I recognized that each single 'Action' is listened in numeric order from 0 to X. (e.g. Dlg1, Dlg2, ... and beneath the encoding [{ProductGUID}-SdShowDlgEdit3-0] Part of the .iss files)

Now my problem is that the different installation processes (fresh, Maintenance and Update) also have different .iss files (different sequences for the same dialogs). E.g. the Dialogs of Licensing and User Information's and so on will not be displayed in maintenance or update mode but different additional dialogs might appear instead (maintenance dialog) instead of those.
This means I would have to provide a own .iss file for each possible run-through (about 12) of the setup. This is not acceptable for maintaining and distributing the Installer to be used by our FE's.

How can I produce and USE a generally valid .iss file for this kind of installation type???

???  ???  ??? Thanks for your help ???  ???  ???

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 00:11

Duplicate Post
user posted image