This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

general things to do at the time repacking

3 replies to this topic

vinodreddy10

vinodreddy10
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:28

What are the general things to do at the time of repackaging an application using adminstudio?

Please let me know the basic thing to do at the time of repacking an application using admin studio?

MSIYER

MSIYER
  • Full Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:22

This is a repackaging question and the poster expects answers regarding a very specific tool.

I do not think this is a General MSI question.
Maybe I am wrong.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 21:34

We don't have an AdminStudio forum, so I'll count everything not InstallShield as "general" smile.gif

Anyway, I don't understand the question.
If you want to know the steps you need to perform in order to repackage a setup: I'm sure that's described in the help.
If you want to know technically how the AdminStudio repackager works, what it does behind the scenes, that's abit too much for a forum post, and I think some information is also in the help.

MSIYER

MSIYER
  • Full Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:18

Thanks Stefan.

So I was indeed wrong.
It feels so right to be wrong at times.

@vinodreddy10
http://www.flexeraso...1-EvalGuide.pdf

This is a basic document to start with. Read it thoroughly. But I felt, this would not be enough. Surf the net and find articles, blogs etc... about best practices, troubles involved etc... in repackaging.