This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Acrobat Reader

4 replies to this topic

efisher

efisher
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 16:56

I am having extereme difficulty finding information on how to bundle and install Acrobat Reader with my CD-ROM product. Does anyone out there have any insight into how to accomplish this? I have tried the unofficial Merge Module available on this site but it appears to only install the ocx. I would be grateful for any information and extremely grateful for detailed information.

eric

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:30

Currently we just ship acrobat as an executable install package on our cd and kick this of from our CD explorer.
Could you run the acrobat install as a custom action?

ricklin

ricklin
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 23:21

Hi,

I was able to install Acrobat Reader 5 inside a custom action but had problems installing Acrobat Reader 6 inside a custom action. Instead I used the _LaunchAppEx() Installscript function provided by this site to run Acrobat Reader 6. _LaunchAppEx() gives you a return code so you can decide whether to continue with the install if for some reason Acrobat Reader 6 installation is aborted.

bxu

bxu
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 20:07

I am curious that whether eligible to redistribute Acrobat Reader. We did before and then give up.

Thanks for your reply.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 22:49

I think the reason acrobat 6 does not work inside a custom action is because it is MSI based.

The only way to kick this off is via a nested install custom action, but only if you have access to the msi file, and i believe that acrobat only ships an exe.

Maybe you could kick the acrobat install of during the user interface sequence on a button click or something?