This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Mode Install from InstallShiled Build

3 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 16:33

Microsoft Jet files are different between the OS(XP,2K,2003) eventhough has same file name. According to my requirement, I have to check whether the user machine has the Microsoft Jet or not. If it not present then I need to prompt the user to say "Jet not found. Do you want to install". If the user click yes, I have to install the Microsfot Jet according to the OS. If they say no, I need to abort the installation.

I am able to check the Microsoft Jet installed or not and able to display a custome dialog box with the expected message and able to abort the install if user clicks No.

I have included all the OS versions Micrsoft Jet in my InstallShield project of TempFolder and used the function "LaunchAppAndWait" to launch exe in some events. Since the Microsoft Jet 4.0 displays some GUI/Screen while installing the Micorsoft Jet, I am getting the "Access denied" error message and got aborted my entire installation.

So I am thinking about run the Microsoft Jet 4.0 in the silent mode using the Install script. I used the same function with the silent mode parameter /q LaunchAppAndWait(TempFolder ^ "WXP.EXE /q", "", LAAW_OPTION_NOWAIT); This is not working and looking for file name "WXP.EXE /q".

Please let me now how I can execute the MSJET 4.0 excutables in silent mode during My project installation.

Bobtcny

Bobtcny
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 14:18

Here is how I call the jet install from my script so that the user does not see it being installed. As a note, my install is not in the silent mode.

if (gsJet = "2000") then
sProgram = WINSYSDIR^"Windows2000-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe";
sCmdLine = "/quiet /norestart";
elseif (gsJet = "me") then
sProgram = WINSYSDIR^"jet40sp8_Wme.exe";
sCmdLine = "/q";
elseif (gsJet = "9x") then
sProgram = WINSYSDIR^"jet40sp8_9xnt.exe";
sCmdLine = "/q";
elseif (gsJet = "xp") then
sProgram = WINSYSDIR^"WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe";
elseif (gsJet = "win2003") then
sProgram = WINSYSDIR^"WindowsServer2003-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe";
endif;

LaunchAppAndWait (sProgram, sCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT)

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:11

Thanks Bobtcny for your nice information. Now the question is how I can check the whether the OS is having MS JET or got installed MS JET. I am checking MSJET40.dll but some OS does not have the MSJET40.dll but able to connect the database.. Please let me know wheter it is right approach or any approach do you think best?

Bobtcny

Bobtcny
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 16:41

I check msjet40.dll also. If it isn't there, then I install Jet 4.0. I figure it is better to install it than try to determine if the application can connect to the database without it for a certain OS.