This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISKERNEL ERROR

6 replies to this topic

Thomas OD

Thomas OD
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2001 - 14:33

hi,
i have an error, i don't understand, when i create a custom action which launch Installscript code, no prob for building but during the installation of my product, i receive this message:
"1: Failed to install ISKernel Files" Make sure you have appropriate privileges on this machine"
With the other Custom Actions, i've no prob.
Could anybody help me, please?
Thanks,

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 July 2001 - 14:56

Are you logged on as Administrator?

Thomas OD

Thomas OD
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2001 - 15:06

no, i'm on NT4 and i am logged as 'user' . But is it really necessary to be logged as Administator to use Installscript?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 July 2001 - 17:21

You must have write access to several places (directories, registry key - don't have the details at hand) in order to install and register the InstallScript runtime engine.

Thomas OD

Thomas OD
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 July 2001 - 11:14

In fact, i'm local administrator on this machine, with all the rights in local...
The error appears when i create a "custom action" with installscript code, even i don't put it in the "execution sequence". Have you another idea ? perhaps the installscript engine try to write "spécial" registry key ?
How can i precise the error?

Thomas OD

Thomas OD
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 July 2001 - 16:51

i try an installscript with a empty function and i always have the error...
when i put it in the execute sequence after installfinalize and launch my setup, i've the error  "2762: cannot write record. Transaction not started." when the setup try to execute the custom action : perhaps this new error will give someone another idea to solve my problem ?

Thomas OD

Thomas OD
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2001 - 10:20

Hi,
i always have my ISKERNEL error, and so i can't use installscript...
Have someone an idea?
i'm really in trouble.