This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Displaying a background image...

12 replies to this topic

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 18:22

Hi, the constant FULLSCREENSIZE does not properly work with function PlaceBimap?.

I want to set an a background image before installing, but the image has a higher resolution like 2560 x 1600. So, if I set the constant FULLSCREENSIZE to Draw and stretch the image to fill the entire installation window, then you can see a color distorsion in that image with some grid sad.gif

I attached an example...

Is there any solution?

Thanks all.

Attached Images

• distorsion.jpg

Edited by thanatos83, 31 October 2011 - 11:19.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 16:26

If you haven't done so already, I recommend checking out the InstallShield help topic "Preventing Color Distortion" for some tips along these lines.

Also, reading through your posting, it seems like you should try using FULLSCREEN instead of FULLSCREENSIZE. Especially if the image is indeed higher resolution than the display and therefore needs to be shrunken instead of stretched.

Finally, I would try using a lower resolution image as that particular one is extremely high.
user posted image

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 20:24

Thanks Taco...

Problem fixed, so that image is too big and I decide to convert it an a lower resolution. With FULLSCREEN tag, it show nice at finally.

Another problem that i see is about using custom banner...

My project is installscript and i use this code to set banner on all dialogs.

CODE
function OnBegin()
begin        
   //To put banner    
   DialogSetInfo ( DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE , SUPPORTDIR ^ "alt.bmp" , TRUE );        
end;

But when i set a large banner (499x58) and I need to remove a computer icon in dialogs like SdWelcome, etc... The problem is that, I can't remove that icon because i use DialogSetInfo to put a banner.

Any help please?... Thanks

Edited by thanatos83, 02 November 2011 - 00:01.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 14:28

I'm glad you got that initial problem resolved.

As for your new problem, the image your replacing is a small square icon that only measures 57 x 53 and not a large rectangular banner that measures 499 x 58, so it doesn't seem like a good fit.

Also, since you're seeing a computer icon, it sounds like you're using a skinned theme, so that call should already be replacing the default computer icon with your supplied one. Therefore, you would need to supply a screenshot if I'm misunderstanding your issue.

However, it sounds like you may need to resort to custom dialogs in order to achieve what you want.
user posted image

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 00:00

ah ok !. thanks smile.gif

I only need to put my custom large banner (499x58) throught installation dialogs.

So, for example in SdWelcome dialog I want to hide this small control and only I want to see a large custom banner in other dialogs.

I don't use a custom theme.

What do you think?, Maybe i forget to use some useful control like "DialogSetInfo" to hide this control box.

Thanks smile.gif

Edited by thanatos83, 03 November 2011 - 08:27.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:38

Well I believe you would have to be using a skinned theme to be seeing a computer icon in the first place, but irregardless the control is too small for your large banner, so you would need to custom dialogs to achieve that result.
user posted image

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 14:13

Ok, understood.

Thanks for all and for your paciencie Taco...

So, I will try with a custom dialog.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 17:32

Could you please post a screenshot of the dialog. I'm not sure which computer icon you mean.

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 18:00

Hi, Stefan.

Of course. I attached the image but sorry it isn't a computer icon, it is only a empty box.

Sorry for my bad explanation.

So when you use a custom banner with these dimensions (499x58) then in "SdWelcomePage" for example, you can see only a portion of banner inside this box.

And I think, There's a method to hide?

Attached Images

• BOX.jpg

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 22:35

As an alternative to custom dialogs, you may also want to try creating a custom skin via the Skin Customization Kit which is available through this Flexera KB article.

However, I'm not sure how much ability you will have to change/override the size of the default dialog controls.

Edited by Taco Bell, 07 November 2011 - 22:38.

user posted image

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 13:22

Thanks Taco...

Following to "Skin Customization Kit" , it the correct way for custom dialogs.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 18:54

If you simply want to remove it, this should work:
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "", TRUE);

when called before the Welcome dialog. After the Welcome dialog, call DialogSetInfo with your actual bitmap. You'll have to do this in OnFirstUIBefore and in OnMaintUIBefore. You may want to do the same in the *UIAfter events for the Finish dialog.

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 21:28

thanks Stefan... this work for me nice