This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup launch OnFirstUI during maintenance mode.

3 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 18:57

Hi,

I have ISDev 7.02  standard project. When I test the project it installs fine. But when I am to uninstall it on the add/remove the setup launches the installation mode and not the maintenance mode. Then an error pop up like this:

Error 1605 - This action is only for the products that are currently installed.

Then I canceled it and click the add/remove button again on the control panel then the maintenance  mode now is launch... It appears from time to time on Win2k PC.. Any idea??? Its kinda weird.. but i really need your help guys very urgent...

Hope I can get some ideas, I would be very grateful... Thanks in advance.

Dyerald

badejo

badejo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 20:44

Your message is a little hard to follow, but it sounds similar to what I had.  For starters, have you messed around with the OnMaintUI function in your script?  You may have accidentally messed it up.

You may want to put a couple of message boxes in the beginning of each function to tell you for sure which function is actually being run -- that may give you some clues about where to look.

If your OnMaintUI function got messed up and you don't know how to fix it, simply delete it and DEV 7 replace it with the default code after by picking BEFORE MOVE DATA and MAINTENANCEUIBEFORE from the two dropdown boxes at the top of the script editing screen.

Failing that, you may have changed some key identifying variables between your install/uninstall that causes the uninstall to not recognize the previous install completely.  Maybe a program name change or version number?

Finally, have you tried using the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet?

Good luck

Mark

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 10:20

If this is a Standard project that you installed per-use ("only for me") instead of per-machine ("all users") then this is a known problem. I've just posted an article about this in the Bugs Bulletin.

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 12:33

Hi Guys,

I'm really grateful for taking time to reply on my message. But I have some mistakes about my message thats why its quite difficult to understand what really my problem was. Never mind the error it was the error of my other application. Maybe have mixed it up when I write my post. Here is my message should be:

I have ISDev 7.02 and create standard project. When I test the project it installs fine. But when I am to uninstall it on the add/remove of conrol pannel the setup WelcomeMaint dialog. Then I choose remove and click next. Now the Customer Information dialog was lauched???. So I canceled it and click the add/remove button again on the control panel then the maintenance mode now is launch and works fine just on the second run... It appears from time to time on Win2k PC.. Any idea??? Its kinda weird because this problem doesn't happened when I'm testing on Win98 and WinNT.

Thank for your reply. My project I think is for all user coz I set this on my IsDev\Tools\Options\General\Build & IsSetAllUsers Action.

Still I still dont know what the cause of this problem. About the script... I just set some properties from inifile before the launching of the WelcomeMaint dialog thats what I think I have change on the OnMainUIBefore function. But I'll try to reset the function and do it again. It's hard to find what because this bug because this bug don't usually show often. On some 2000 PC's that I have tested it works some are not. But I think most of the produce this bug.

Any idea??? Guys I really need your help.... Pls. help me. =(

Thanks in advance,
Dyerald