This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Getting this weird MessageBox while building installshield project

1 reply to this topic

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 16:45

Hi,

I use install shield 2012 premiere edition. My basic MSI project uses third party DLL called Invr600.dll. While building the project I get message box as seen in attached file. After acknowledging this message box building of the IS project is smooth.

This error occurs when install shield is extracting COM information from other DLL's. This specific DLL has no com extract enabled.

Any idea how to get rid of this annoying message box.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Attached Images

• Can't Load This DLL.jpg

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 21:02

It may be the other COM files in the setup that can't load this file during its self-registration process. Run regsvr32 via an administrator-launched command line windows for each COM file and see which file triggers the error.

regsvr32.exe file.dll

It is possible that the required files are NOT binaries - they can even be image files, but in cases where I have seen this, the problem has generally been a missing language-dll for a regular COM dll.

Use Dependency Walker to determine dependencies for binaries in general. Run this on the DLL mentioned in the error message. As far as I recall you can even launch an EXE file and get a full report on all files loaded into the process.

Use Regspy2 to manually extract COM information from binaries. I have seen EXE files where only this tool has been able to extract the COM information. You then manually import the exported REG files to the correct component in your setup and disable automatic COM extraction.

Just did a search, seems Stefan has answered the exact same problem earlier: http://forum.install...showtopic=21463

Edited by Glytzhkof, 08 April 2014 - 21:11.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul