This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield/Delphi

1 reply to this topic

wokkie

wokkie
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:57

Hi,

I have created an application in Delphi 6. I'm trying to build an Install shield for it ant most of it works. I want to protect my program with a serial key. According to InstallShield this is best done by creating a .dll to validate a serial number. I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet how such a dll is made so that the installshield can work with it.

I'm quite new with this, I have never built a dll file before. There are some simple courses to create a simple dll file, but they all intent to do something within the Delphi program.

According to the help in the InstallShield express there is a standard dll function in the samples folder. I do see some textfiles, but i can't seem tot compile them to a dll file.

I wonder if anyone can give me, or tell me how to make, a simple example of such a dll file. I'll figure out myself how to adjust it to my wishes, but I just can't seem to get a dll file that works with InstallShield.

Everytime I run my installshield I get the following error:
Can not find the entry ppoint of function 'ValidateSN', make sure it is exported.

I don't really know how to build a function in a dll file so that installshield can find the entry point of that function. Perhaps anyone can help me??

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 18:10

I don't know if Delphi creates expoert fuctions in the same way that C++ does. Check your DLL with DependencyWalker to see if the export is correct.

Note also that serial number checks in the setup can be easily worked around with tools like Orca and some Windows Instalelr knowledge. It's safer to add the copy protection to your application instead of the setup.