This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Please help...

1 reply to this topic

invincible

invincible
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2002 - 04:55

Can anyone tell me how do i sort the icons in Program Folder as per my priority.currently the icons are sorted alphabetically but i want to put it as per our priority.
So if any one has an idea about this please let me know.

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 June 2002 - 02:43

Humm, asking the same question twice in one day (see post #1) won't really help you in getting an answer.

Nevertheless, what I will tell you though is this.  First off, only Windows 98/2000 on up directly support such customized orderings.  For 95/NT, you'd have to resort to more brute tatics like alphabetic (i.e. a., b., c., etc.) or numeric (i.e. 1., 2., 3., etc.) prefixes.

For those OSes which do support such customizations, the information is stored in the registry.  For W2K, that area is as follows:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\<ProgramGroup>\Order (Binary Value)

It's pretty cryptic looking, so you'll probably just want to set it up how you'd like and then apply that same value during your install.

Win98 should be similar, but you'll have to look this up yourself to be sure.  I'm not ready to switchover to it right now.
user posted image