This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

AddFolderIcon failing

2 replies to this topic

jur

jur
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:33

Hello,

I'm having a problem porting an InstallScript project from InstallShield 5.1 to InstallShield 2010. I've copied the whole script and it seems to be working fine, except for one part - it doesn't create shortcuts.
After some investigation I found out, that the AddFolderIcon function is failing with an error "The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect". My shortcuts are pointing to exe's on network folders. When I tried changing the path to some local exe, everything works fine. InstallShield 5.1 project works fine as well.
The test system is Windows XP SP3, network machine is Windows 2008 R2. I'm running out of ideas and couldn't find anything useful online. I'm really getting frustrated. Please help! Thank you.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 14:09

I've never had to create such networking shortcuts through IS, but I presume these are UNC paths and not mapped network drives. If so, then I would try the latter as a comparison and a possible workaround.

I would also recommend contacting Flexera as they will help with such upgrade issues.
user posted image

jur

jur
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 15:44

Thanks for quick reply, Taco Bell. You are right, these are UNC paths, not mapped drives. It works fine with InstallShield 5.1. I'll have to open a support case with Flexera then...
It's strange that I can't find any other similar case with same problems. In fact, it's hard to find ANYTHING about IS at all...