This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield Runonce key that I can't remove...

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 19:37

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted here, but I have a small problem. Recently on my system I have noticed an error message on reboot regarding an InstallShield setup that is missing...

From the RunOnce reg key...
"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F1AFF89A-9567-11D4-B091-00E029216742}\setup.exe" -reboot"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F1AFF89A-9567-11D4-B091-00E029216742}\reboot.ini"

I looked in C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information, but couldn't find the guid folder mentioned.

I tried actually deleting the runonce key manually from the registry, but if I immediately refresh, it reappears.

Does anyone know what this application is or what it it trying to do upon reboot?

I'd like to get rid of this pesky erroy if possible.

Thanks for any information!

blink.gif

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 15:49

I'm not familiar with that particular application GUID, but if you really just want to get rid of the error, then try deleting the RunOnce entry under Safe Mode.

If it still comes back and need to track down the source, then you'll need to use a registry monitoring tool such as RegMon or Process Monitor.
user posted image

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 21:02

Thanks! I used Process Monitor and found that it was SpyBot's TeaTimer.exe that was re-adding the key repeatedly. I guess a change to that key was blocked.

I wonder if I even need to be running TeaTimer.exe.