This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable Modify in Maintenance Type Dialog

4 replies to this topic

Seany

Seany
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 17:24

Hello

I want to disable the Modify option in the Maintenance Type Dialog.

If I delete the radio button, icon and text field when I run the setup in Maintenance mode then neither of the remaining radio buttons (Repair and Remove) is selected.

If I don't select one and just click Next then it still acts as though Modify was selected.

Is it possible to change the default to be Repair or Remove instead of Modify?

Or is there a way to disable Modify without deleting the controls from the dialog?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 22:25

Go to Property Manager and change the value of _IsMaintenance to Reinstall (for repair) or Remove instead of Change.

Seany

Seany
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:14

Hi

Thankyou very much for your reply.

Did you mean the Property manager of the 'Next' button in the Behaviour section of the Maintenance Type dialog?

I tried this and built my installshield, it seemed to have no effect and when I went back in the values I had amended to 'Reinstall' had all reverted back to 'Change'!

I hadnt at this time deleted the Modify radio button, do I need to do that for this to work?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:10

No, I'm talking about the Property Manager where you set the default value for all properties. You can find it (in Installaton Designer) in the left hand pane under "Behavior and Logic". There's an item called "Property Manager".

Seany

Seany
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:27

Just wanted to say thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. smile.gif