This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Autorun.exe and MSI

2 replies to this topic

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:11

Hi,

I tried to create a msi for a label printer Bixolon printer driver, its original file only has an autorun.exe in it. I tried to create a .msi, it wasn’t successful.
I then find from the original source, there is an Installer.exe in the folder called WindowsDriver, I tried to create the .msi, it failed.
Just wonder if anyone can help?

Thanks in advance
Lanhua

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 19:57

Please start by explaining exactly what you want to do (run the installer.exe as custom action, repackage the installer package), describe what steps you did, and tell us how it is failing (error message etc.).

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:32

Thanks Stefan for your time and reply. Sorry for lacking of the key information. I was using installshield 2010 and trying to repackage the legacy file to make a .msi using the installtion monitor method so I could install the printer automatically. However, the original disc has not got the setup.exe but the autorun.exe. I think I have solved this issue by copy the legacy files from the origional disc and past to the Virtual clean pc local C: and run repack.exe from source networked shared directory from my host pc. It seems to run smoothly. Yet I couldn't complete the whole repackaging because it asked for connecting the printer itself, which I don't have at the moment.

It would be greatful, if someone could help with the instructions on how to packaging a label printer. Eg. Do we need to install the prerequisite software on the clean pc/virtual pc such as .netFramework2.0 and others, like EthernetConfigureSetup.exe, PortInstaller.exe firstly, then start the repackaging? I am green to this field and need desparate help.