This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.NET assembly issue

2 replies to this topic

avni

avni
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 19:21

Hi All,
This is my first time dealing with a .NET assembly. The .NET assembly is actually a tool that can be enabled through the Toolbars in the system tray. I have a custom action in my .msi package that calls RegAsm to register the .NET assembly. This only works on some machines. I am trying to figure out why it works on certain machines and not on others. The assembly was created using Framwork 1.1. I first though it is because Framework 2.0 is installed on target machine but this does not seem to be the case. Also, on the machines that this does not work on, even running RegAsm.exe manually does not get the assembly to work. It shows up as an option in Toolbars, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Please help. I am at my wits end trying to get this to work.

thank you.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 21:19

Since regasm effectively allows your .NET assembly to be used as a COM component, I would assume that the machines where this don't work the COM components that will use your .NET assembly are not correctly installed.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:35

Looking at this again, there might be more to this than I thought. Assemblies should in most cases be run with the .NET version they were made with. Regasm.exe registers the .NET assembly as a COM object, during this process it must have access to all assemblies, com objects or win32 files it depends on.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul