This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1904 under Vista

3 replies to this topic

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 14:55

I have an installation set that registers some dlls. All work OK on XP. But under Vista an error 1904 (failed to register dll) appears for each dll that needs to be registered. Strangely but if I try to register any of that dlls manually the result is OK i.e. registration procedure pass without problem? Any ideas how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 16:59

Could be a permission problem. Do you get a UAC dialog when you register them manually?
How are you trying to register those DLLs in your setup? The recommended method is the ClsId group of tables, and/or the Registry table. You should not use self-registration to avoid this and other problems.

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 13:55

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the quick reply. There is no UAC dialog when I register a dll manually. And yes, I use SelfReg table for reistering.

I played around the problem and found the following. The problem exists only for MFC dependent dlls. Probably because registration pass before MFC merge modules installation. I tried to move SelfReg CA after InstallFinalize but then other error appears.

Could you please tell me how can I use ClsId group of tables,and/or the Registry table for dlls that are not mine i.e. I have not source code.

Thanks again.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:39

Some MSI authoring tools can capture/extract the COM registration data from a DLL.