This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

using Windows Installer as a Add-in installer

2 replies to this topic

toddp

toddp
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 19:23

Could someone please help me??

I am pulling my hair out on this topic...

I am using the Installation package inside of VS 2003 .NET. (Maybe this is the wrong place for this question).

What I am trying to do it to make an installation package for a seperate program that is basically an "add-in" for the main application. To install the add-in, I need to read the TARGETDIR from the main app, and install the add-in files into it. My problem is that I can't seem to find out how to read in the TARGETDIR from the Main app and set the TARGETDIR/new folder for the Add-IN. Is it even possible to read? I've even tried reading a registry entry, that doesn't work.

Thanks for any help!

Todd

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:53

moving question to MSI forum

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:55

If your main setup launches that add-in setup you could pass TARGETDIR on the command line.
Otherwise your add-in setup would have to read TARGETDIR from somewhere, e.g. from a registry entry. If you tried to read and it didn't work: did you verify using regedit that the entry is there? how did you read, and when?