This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

GetLastError does not work on XP...

1 reply to this topic

TLA

TLA
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 16:28

Hi,

I encounter a strange problem, the GetLastError win32 api error function always returns 0 under windows XP.
Under NT, 98 and 2000 this function runs correctly.

I know that under IS 6.x this function does not work, so we can use the err.lastDllError call but IS5.5x this call does not exist.

Anybody knows a solution to retrieve correct error code?

Thx

tresselt

tresselt
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2001 - 22:55

I have encountered the same problem....  After looking around a little bit, it seems that Microsoft has changed the location of the GetLastError() function...  To see this, do a dumpbin -exports kernel32.dll.  You will see something like:

Dump of file kernel32.dll
     346  159  000684FF GetLargestConsoleWindowSize
     347  15A                               GetLastError (forwarded to NTDLL.RtlGetLastWin32Error)
     348   15B   0006E21C  GetLinguistLangSize

Compare this with the output from any version of kernel32.dll before WINXP, and you will see that the function is not forwarded....

I have tried using the RtlGetLastWin32Error() function directly in my InstallScript, but this makes no difference...   The return is always 0...

Has anybody figured out how to solve this....??

I guess I have to convert all of the code for installing services to a custom DLL.....