This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

System Search

1 reply to this topic

aglore

aglore
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 22:58

I am building an installation for an application (app1) that is dependent on another app (app2) , so I want to check to see if app2 is installed.

I added a system search for app2 "look in all drives", and I attached it to a condition (APP2_CONDITION).

For the condition, how do I build the syntax to check that app2 is installed?

I'm assuming that app2_condition contains a value based on whether app2 was found or not. But, I don't know what that value is. How do I know??? Is the value the path if it was found? What is the value if it wasn't found?

Can someone please help???

Can I do this through the system search? I thought that's what it was for, but I don't know how to implement!!!

Where is good documentation on this stuff?

Thanks!!!

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 14:01

Make sure that your property APP2_CONDITION is not in the Property Table, so it will exist only if the AppSearch action finds the file it's looking for. Then you can simply use the property as the condition - if the file was found, the propery will exist (and thus evaluate to true); if it wasn't found, the property won't exist (and will thus evaluate to false).

Hope this helps
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com