This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Titles and Messages in Custom Dialogs

2 replies to this topic

clvrmnky

clvrmnky
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 01:38

After a few comments I made about custom dialogs, I decided to give it the old college try and replace an ugly series of dialogs with one totally custom dialog I created from scratch.

The dialog loads up great, and all the controls work a treat, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a different Title and Message into this dialog!  Furthermore, the titlebar is not honouring my standard setting of "@TITLE_CAPTIONBAR".  It is honouring a custom bitmap via DialogSetInfo().

I've fooled around a bit with the resource ID of the dialog header, but I'm not getting anywhere.  Anybody have a clue?

clvrmnky

clvrmnky
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 02:12

I must enjoy answering my own posts.

Custom dialogs works like a charm if I'd bothered to RTFM.

1. SetTitle() works fine.  I was testing from OnBegin(), so my standard SetTitle() wasn't invoked yet.

2. You ned to call SdSetDlgTitle() with the right window handle you get from CmdGetHwndDlg() inside DLG_INIT

I got (2) right from an archived newsletter from this very site.  Had to Google to find it, though.

Look at me!  I've gone custom!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 04:37

Congratulations!  You should pat yourself on the back.  Seriously.