This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS7 can't find regasm.exe

1 reply to this topic

Graywolf

Graywolf
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 21:36

I am attempting to build a release and I have some components that have the .NET COM Interop property set to yes (these are primary interop assemblies that I need to register). However, when I build, it gives me an error that InstallShield can't find regasm.exe on my system. I have updated my IS7 to 7.02 and with the IS7 .NET update (which was apparently also supposed to include regasm.exe, but it doesn't). I already have regasm.exe, as part of the .NET framework, but IS 7 isn't finding it. Has anyone else seen this problem? Where is IS7 trying to find the file? I have tried sticking it in numerous places, but IS7 still is unable to locate and use it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 14:58

What I've found is the framework dir is not in the path, so the RegAsm is not found. I added it to the "Setup Files", then call it from there, giving the full path (SUPPORTDIR ^ "RegAsm"). Don't forget to include the "RegAsm.exe.config" file also...
Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.