This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Break Open .exe Package

2 replies to this topic

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 23:32

Hello,

Does anyone know how to break open a self extracting .exe package? I have IS Pro version 6.30. Are there tools that I can use to open this self extracting .exe, modify a text file, and repackage it?

The package is created using a utility provided by Checkpoint. It packages the Secureclient source code together into a silent install, so it is making this task a little difficult.

Thanks,
Robbie wink.gif
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 14:23

Sometimes they can be opended with WinZIP. Some have a command line parameter to just extract, without installing.
If neither does work, simply launch the exe. This should extract the file to the TEMP folder (or a subfolder thereof). While the Welcome dialog is on the screen, grab the extracted files from TEMP, then cancell the installation.

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 18:59

Winzip wouldn't do it for this package, but Winrar did. I was able to extract the contents of the package to a folder, modify the file I needed to modify and install by launching setup.exe.

Thanks,
Robbie
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.