This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Delaying MSI engine reboot

1 reply to this topic

leongk

leongk
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 02:50

Hi,

I am currently developing a basic MSI project but am puzzled at the "Delay MSI engine reboot" option that is given in the IS release wizard.  It doesn't appear to have any effect.

By default, when I build a new release the checkbox is checked.  I have also ensured that the "Schedule Reboot" standard action is at the end of the the Installation Execute sequence.  This action has the ISSCHEDULEREBOOT as the condition as required.

When I run setup.exe it updates/installs the Windows Installer Service but then forces a reboot before continuing installing the application.

From my understanding, by enabling that "Delay MSI engine reboot" option, the reboot is supposed to be delayed till the end of the installation.

Is my understanding correct and if so, how do I ensure that unintentional reboots are delayed until the end of the installation process?

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Ken Leong[br]Adelaide, Australia

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 10:52

Check the generated setup.ini to see if the setting made it into the file. (I believe there was a problem in some Developer version).

Reboots can have other cuases, e.g. if you include the MDAC merge module it will also cuase a reboot, early in the installation (before your dialogs).