This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Internal Error 2762 only on Xp

2 replies to this topic

Augusto

Augusto
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 11:20

I have an installation that needs to be Win 2K and Win XP compatible. When I run it on Win2k everything goes fine. But when I run it on XP I get an "Internal Error 2762" message while removing Backup files. I know what this error means and I have gone throughout the installation sequence checking every single CA to verify they were well defined and placed in the right spot.
At the end of the installation (after installfinalize) I run a new msi package. I thought that could be causing the problem. But the fact is that this package gets installed without problems (or so it seems).
I have gotten an installation log, but there is no extra info there.
I have run out of ideas, so if you can come up with something, please let me know.

Thanks

Augusto

Augusto
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 11:44

I know what this was now. In case someone is interested:

I was installing the XML Parser 4, and that caused problems on WinXP that already brings that version of the parser. I added a condition to the parser feature, so that it would only install on Windows 2K. Everything goes smooth now.

So, cheers to myself  ;-)

Arcangel_666

Arcangel_666
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 21:58

This same thing occured to me when doing an install on XP.

It did turn out to be the XML4.0 merge Module, but it's actually ther Microsoft Merge Modules which causes the problem.

In the XML module itself, it has explicitly set the sequence number for "MSIPublishAssemblies" to 6250. This is after the InstallFinalize Sequence number. Therefor the error message.

Found that you may just be able to change the sequence number manually within your msi to one that is before the finalize and it will run fine.

p.s. you won't find this issue for XML 4.0 in Dev7 because it already gives the "MSIPublishAssemblies" a lower sequence number and therefore the MICROSOFT MM won't overwrite one that is already there.

:D