This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Double entry in Add/Remove programs

3 replies to this topic

lilache

lilache
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:10

Hi,
I'm working with basic MSI and I have encountered this weird problem.
After the instllation of my application, in the Add/Remove programs I have 2 almost identical entries of my product.
It looks like I can uninstall the application using both of the shortcuts, how ever I want only one entry to appeare which initiates the uninstall process I have created (custome dialogs).

Please help......

lilache

lilache
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:51

I found the solution - I added a property called "ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT" and set it to 1.

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 13:07

Hi,

If an MSI gets created with two different product codes (of same version) you will get this type of problem. Normally product code should not change until it is a major upgradation. Ensure that whether you are getting two instances of product icon (in control panel)in a normal installation or in upgradation scenario.

If it is upgradation scenario,update the upgrade entry panel, there we can provide the previous version number so that icon will not come as duplicate in major upgradation.

lilache

lilache
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 14:22

really this wasn't a problem of MSI created with different product codes, only 1 MSI with 1 product code. and the solution I wrote here fixed this.

Thanks!