This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

embed one installer within another

1 reply to this topic

zmfcat1

zmfcat1
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 21:48

Hi
I have a case where I have multiple applications which I want to wrap within a setup.exe. So i have application "A" whose setup file is setupA.exe and an application "B" whose setup file is setupB.exe. I need to create one setup.exe which wraps setupA.exe & setupB.exe. When setup.exe is run, the user should be given an option to install application "A" or application "B" and based on the choice invoke the appropriate setup file for the application. I believe I have seen Install shield to have this option, but am not able to find it now. Can someone let me know how to implement this?

Also I have an issue where some applications are to be run on the UNIX platformand their setup file has an extension *.bin, I believe Installshield cannot handle this, so do I have to use InstallAnywhere to handle this case? Pls. provide information. Thx.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 21:21

No, InstallShield doesn't have built-in functionality for this, unless you use one setup that includes both A and B, e.g. as top level features. However you could create a third setup project (InstallScript) as an "umbrella" for A and B.

For cross-platform (Unix etc.) setups you need to use InstallAnywhere. IA also supports Windows to you may not need InstallShield at all but instead use InstallAnywhere for all setups.