This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dont want to show Maintenance Dialog

3 replies to this topic

BCL

BCL
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 17:22

I am using IS 12 SP2 and Basic MSI project. After I install a product, if the user runs the setup file again, is there a way to show a dialog box that says that the product has been already installed. Thanks.

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 14:49

Is your intention to allow only installs and uninstalls? If so, you can go to General Information -> Add or Remove Programs and set Disable Change Button to "yes". That will remove the option for maintenance from the Add/Remove Program applet. You can additionally remove the Modify option from the Maintenance Type dialog so it won't show if a user clicks on the .msi file directly after it is installed.

If you need more than that, you might want to check the help for the ramifications of setting the "Disable Remove Button" and "Disable Repair Button" options in the Add or Remove Programs panel. (I've never used those.)
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

BCL

BCL
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:52

Thanks for the reply, Kathy. I had disabled the buttons in ARP. But if the user runs the setup file again, Is there a way to show a custom message box and then exit the installation.

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 14:28

You might try looking into a type 19 custom action based on a launch condition.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com