This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Properties, directories, browse button

2 replies to this topic

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:45

I have taken over MSI production for my sins and would like an explanantion of the proper process for what I'm trying to do.

The business has requested that a SQL log file location be defined and a browse buton added to a dialog to select it, to match the one used to define the SQL database path. So, I created a property LOGLOCATION and gave it a path as its value. Then, once the label/text box (doesn't matter which, but business prefers label...) and browse button were added to the dialog, selected the LOGLOCATION property for the label/text box. That all seemed to work, except when I actually USED the browse button, then clicked OK. I got "Internal error 2727" which is "The directory entry '[2]' does not exist in the Directory table"

OK, I'll use an already-defined property (DATALOC) for the label. Er, no, that property doesn't appear in the 'Property' drop-down list in 'Setup Editor/Dialog' when I double-click the label/text box.

As a kludge (which works) I added LOGLOCATION to the Control and ControlEvents tables, copying the entries for DATALOC.

So, should I simply have added LOGLOCATION in the Directory and CreateFolder tables, instead of the Property table? Do entries in Directory "become" properties which can be accessed in the Dialog Editor?
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:37

Yes, entries in the Directory table become properties. You should add LOGLOCATION to the Directory table, maybe with a parent of DATALOC to make the default value follow the value of DATALOC.

hemanthyours

hemanthyours
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 13:11

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2005-11-26 12:37)
Yes, entries in the Directory table become properties. You should add LOGLOCATION to the Directory table, maybe with a parent of DATALOC to make the default value follow the value of DATALOC.

I am also currently working on the same issue, i had the entries in the directory table with a key and a default dir but nor any parent dir. The problem is when i am browsing a new directory location and having that value to the path edit, still the key in the directory table shows the default dir path. Is there any thing i should do, please help me

Thanks in advance