This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Run time Error 1711

2 replies to this topic

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 21:19

I get this error 1711 when the installer starts to copy all the files. It exactly occurs when the status message shows "Generating script files for action....". I checked the error code in msi help and found the error message to be
"An error occurred while writing installation information to disk. Check to make sure enough disk space is available, and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install.".

I get this error ONLY when i choose to *compress* all the features from the release wizard. I have 10.5 GB disk space in my C drive, but i still get this error. Can anyone please help?

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 00:36

URGENT.... Anyone please help me to get rid of this error 1711?

Again, i get this error ONLY when i select "Custom" in the release wizard and choose some or all of the features for compression (ie., into cab files).

Thanks a bunch.

Gavin

Gavin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 00:40

I have seen error 1711 displayed erroneously when the number of components exceeds a maximum of 80.