This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Status field from VBScript CA

3 replies to this topic

akakunin

akakunin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:08

Hello @ all!

I have installation with several cusom actions, written in VBScript. Some of them runs for quite long time. so I want to add information about this custom action into progress dialog.

I do not need to update progressbar itself (because in my case I just start external exe that runs for a long time, so I cannot update ticks during this execution) but I want to update information in status field in progress dialog.

How it is possible to do from VBScript?

Thank you for your Attention,
Alexey Kakunin.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 13:07

If all you need is to add some text to the progress dialog, you can add an entry for your custom action to the ActionText table. First column would be the neame of your custom action, second column is the message to display. Note that this only works for custom actions that are scheduled for deferred execution.

akakunin

akakunin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 15:56

Thank you very much! It is exactly that I need!

But one more (may be stupid) question: how to make this message language depended?
Seems I shoul put this message into String table, but how to put reference to string table entry into this ActionText table

Best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 13:28

First add the message in the ActionText table in the default language of your setup. This will automatically create a new string table entry for it. Now go to the string table view, find the entry, and translate it for the other languges in your setup.