This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

_BrowseProperty

2 replies to this topic

vladb

vladb
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 19:38

Can someone explain what values _BrowseProperty takes and when? I tried using the MSI debugger to watch the variable, but I didn't find it!
There's nothing in help about it either!

Thanks!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:52

Since it is a lowercase property it is not a persistent property (meaning that it is not passed from the UI sequence to the execute sequence. I would assume it is used in the custom installation dialog as a temporary variable to store the browse to dir selected by the user. This value would then probably be passed to INSTALLDIR Just guessing here however.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:39

_BrowseProperty acts as a temporary variable to store the name of the folder that you want to change. This is just the name that install shield have chosen to use.

For example, when you hit the "Change" button, [_BrowseProperty] will be set to have a value of say MYNEWFOLDER.

You then choose your path for MYNEWFOLDER, and the "Ok" button will run a SetTargetPath for MYNEWFOLDER.

Hope that makes sense smile.gif