This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional/Custom File Overwrite

4 replies to this topic

MikeSharp

MikeSharp
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 13:33

Hi,

My problem is that I need more flexibility than the by version/date checking in overwrite properties of my file groups. Without going into too much detail, I have previously shipped a file with a rogue version number (unfortunately this number is high!). So I need a check for that file that says:
Update on version AND Update if version = x.x.x.x

Where and how can I include this additional logic?

Thanks in advance.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 15:16

Hmm, you'll probably have to copy the files via InstallScript and not rely on standard file groups.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:19

Or at least use script to detect this problem file and delete it before your regular file copy starts.

MikeSharp

MikeSharp
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 13:13

Thanks,

Yeah I'd though along the lines of detecting and deleting the suspect file. Where would be the best place to do this, as I don't want to delete the file then the user cancels the install and is left with a broken installation. I certaintly don't want to have to write any form of rollback either.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 19:11

At the very end of OnFirstUIBefore/OnMaintUIBefore--after the user has confirmed all selections.
user posted image