This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IISRT: -1210 on Windows Server 2008 R2

1 reply to this topic

sschantz

sschantz
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 15:32

Hi,

IS: 2011 Premier (InstallScript\MSI project)
Target: Windows 2008 R2 IIS7

I have used the IIS view in IS to add a new website. During installation when the IS install the features including the website the installation failed with code:
1603: Fatal error during installation.

If I check the IS installation log I found that the call to ISIISCosting failed with code -1210

Installation log:
MSI (s) (9C:68) [14:00:55:727]: Doing action: ISIISCosting
Action ended 14:00:55: RemoveExistingProducts. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (9C:50) [14:00:55:730]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIE0AE.tmp, Entrypoint: ISIISCosting
Action start 14:00:55: ISIISCosting.
InstallShield 14:00:55: Error with IISRT: -1210
CustomAction ISIISCosting returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 14:00:55: ISIISCosting. Return value 3.
Action ended 14:00:55: INSTALL. Return value 3.
I did not find any description of this error code. I have tried to change TCPPort Number, manually create the physical path. None of these did a difference.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you

Sascha Schantz

PiersB

PiersB
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 15:10

Hi,
I've had this problem a few times since I started using InstallShield about a month ago. I'm surprised that Sascha's post is the only reference I could find on the web.

In my case I think it occured because I had added custom actions while I was trying things out, then I deleted them. It appears that InstallShield doesn't always do a tidy job of removing entries from the MSI tables when CA's are deleted.

To fix, in the View List under Additional Tools/Direct Editor have a look in the Binary table and the ISIISItem table to see whether there are any entries referring to CA's that have been removed from the project. If you find any then make a note of the records (and/or take a safe copy of the project) and then delete them. The ISIISProperty table links to the ISIISItem table, so if you deleted rows from the latter then check in the former for related entries.

Different scenarios may cause orphaned records in other tables - worth looking if the above doesn't resolve the problem, but proceed with caution - a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

Btw, the IISRT error codes can be found in

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012\Script\Isrt\Include\IISRTErr.h

(or equivalent folder for your installation).

For -1210 it gives ERROR_IISRT_INVALID_COMPNAME - not sure how much this helps!

Piers

Edited by PiersB, 26 April 2012 - 15:16.