This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

What do you do when it "Doesn't Work?"

2 replies to this topic

Mike Oliver

Mike Oliver
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 14:23

I have a Visual Basic application that works just fine on the NT machine where it was developed, but does not work properly after insalling on Win2k.  I have checked all the files from the references of the VB Project.  What next?

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 19:38

There is a runtime support module required for VB.
VBRUN60.EXE or something like that installs some VB runtime files into the Windows and Windows System folder.
If that was not part of your setup, and you go to a very clean Windows system, then perhaps it explains why your VB app won't run, even though you are 'including' all the files from your project in your setup.

MikeOliverAZ

MikeOliverAZ
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 20:13

Yes, that is in there but I still get 429 and 430 errors.  I dev on NT 4.0 using VB^ sp5.  Installing on Win2k.

I am using msxml3 and microsoft says that cannot be registered separately but needs to be part of a merge module using MSI.

How can I use Installshield to install and access the merge module or more basically how do I make this work?