This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

nt service not getting nice component name

1 reply to this topic

BeemerBiker

BeemerBiker
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 17:02

We have a server.exe that is also a service. From the command line if I execute the following

server.exe /REGSERVER
server.exe /INSTALL

I get a really nice name "server" or whatever under components and the same name shows up under services.

Alternately, if i only run "server.exe /INSTALL" it get that same nice name under services but I get a really bad looking guid that I got to hunt for under components

By components I mean bringing up CONTROLPANEL-ADMIN-MAINT-COMPSERVICES in XP Pro

Running installshield does not give me a nice name, it seems to only do the equivalent of a /INSTALL

I must be leaving something out???? Can I get installshield to do a /REGSERVER before doing the /INSTALL ?

Just want to mention that everything is working just fine. I just dont have a nice name that can be found by looking up the service name in that XP component app.

..thanks..

Edited by BeemerBiker, 02 February 2006 - 17:03.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 18:04

This may require a custom action.